If your dogs are like ours, they have been itching to get back out to the dog parks around town and socialize again, just like their human counterparts. On September 10th, the City of Wilton Manors re-opened the dog park at Colohatchee Park, located at 1975 N.E. 15 Avenue, and coming up on Thursday, October 8, from 5:30 to 7:30pm, is Woof and Wine, a fun event for dog owners.
You are invited to enjoy the doggie play area with your furry friends while mingling with other dog owners and sampling wine and appetizers. This event is sponsored by the City of Wilton Manors, Ed Morse Cadillac/Bayview, Arbor Pet Hospital, Spencer’s Corner Bar, Wilton Manors Animal Hospital, and The Metropolitan. Enjoy the newly renovated Colohatchee Dog Park and enjoy fine wines, gourmet appetizers and organic dog treats for your pups. But here is the catch… Your application must first be approved before you can attend. Here is how it works.
The first step is to get your paperwork ready. You must provide documentation that proves your dogs have been vaccinated against rabies with written expiration date, proof of Wilton Manors residency (if applicable) and a driver’s license or photo identification for all dog owners over 18 years of age. Complete the application form, sign Dog Park Rules and Regulations and the “Acceptance of Risk and Release of Liability and Waiver Form” at the Hagen Park Community Center, and pay the resident ($20) or non-resident fee ($55) and you will receive a key-fob to grant you access to the park.
Since the park has been closed due to Covid-19 regulations, all memberships will be automatically extended from their original expiration date to make up for the time they have been closed. But make sure your dog’s rabies vaccination is up-to-date, or your fob will not work without updated proof. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the City of Wilton Manors has implemented rule changes to help keep everyone safe.
- Park hours will be Thursday through Monday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The park will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Park visitors must wear facial coverings at all times.
- Park visitors must maintain 6 feet of distance from those not in their party at all times.
- Restrooms and water stations will remain closed. You will need to bring water for yourself and your dog.
- Benches have been removed from the dog play areas and pavilions.
- If you are sick with or showing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not enter the park.
- A COVID-19 liability waiver must be signed and returned via email or in-person at the Hagen Park Community Center, 2020 Wilton Drive, Wilton Manors FL 33305. Once your signed waiver is received, your access fob will be reactivated.
Since the state-wide restrictions on bars and restaurants are being lifted, here in Broward County, there are still restrictions in place, so please do not become ambivalent to this disease. It is still highly recommended to wear a mask and protect yourself and others around you. It will be great to see everyone and their well-behaved dogs on Thursday, October 8, from 5:30pm to 7:30pm, at Colohatchee Park. More information can be found at the City of Wilton Manors website. For further information or questions about the Dog Park, you may e-mail Leisure Services or call (954) 390-2130. By working together, and being kind to each other, we can better ensure everyone’s safety.